All of our Juniper courses focus on supporting students / apprentices to achieve the skills, qualifications, knowledge and experience they need to progress in their chosen career.
Our 16-18 Vocational Pathways / Study Programme, 19-24 Employability and 16-24 Traineeship courses enable students to have access to a real life, quality work experience placement working with a real employer; at the same time as accessing tutor-led provision in one of our modern training centres. The aim is for all students to develop the required skillset, achieve relevant qualifications (including English and maths GCSE re-sits where necessary) and importantly the experience employers are looking for in their workforce. These pathways support students to progress onto an apprenticeship, into employment or further education. Juniper supports over 2000 students per year and offer a 100% progression promise to all students.
We have suitable pathways available for all students – regardless of academic ability. Whether this is via one of our courses described above or securing one of our apprenticeship vacancies. Juniper works in partnership with over 1000 employers such as Virgin, Accord Housing, Assa Abbloy, Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council, Greenhous and Swish Building Products and are a credible alternative to school or college.
All of Junipers (16-18) courses are compliant with the Governments Raising the Participating Age (RPA). Claimants can continue to claim state benefits whilst they or their son / daughter is accessing a full time Juniper programme (excluding apprenticeships) and students may also be eligible for bursary support towards the cost of travel and lunches. Childcare support is also available to those who are young parents / carers.
Mint is a free course for young people aged 16-18 (16-24 with an EHCP) who may be unsure of the next steps in their career and would benefit from having access to a variety of opportunities in different occupational areas of interest in order to make an informed choice about their future. At the same time students will work towards a recognised employability qualification, GCSE English and maths / Functional Skills (if necessary) and a high quality work experience placement. Within 6 months, students will be able to progress onto a traineeship, apprenticeship, into employment or further education.
Why do Mint?
- Approximately 29 weeks in duration
- Students work with tutors through different stages of the programme, all of which are designed to develop the essential skills, qualities and knowledge required for progression
- The stages of the programme include: Motivational Programme Planning and BTEC WorkSkills with a golden thread of work experience throughout. Your programme will be tailor made to suit your needs. Your previous qualifications, work experience and personal skills will help us identify the level of support you need
- You will have the opportunity to complete English and maths Functional Skills or GCSE – whichever is appropriate
- You will have the opportunity to take part in employer visits, taster days and long term work experience placements
- By the end of your programme you will have a quality CV and employer reference that will help you progress onto an apprenticeship, employment or futher education
- 100% progression promise to progress onto an apprenticeship, employment or into further education
Like What You See ...
Juniper offers sector specific vocational pathways in Retail, Childcare, Business Administration, Customer Service and Roofing / Cladding.
These pathways are ideal for 16-18 year old students (19-24 with an EHCP) looking to pursue a career in one of these sectors and require the relevant sector specific knowledge, qualifications and experience in order to progress onto an apprenticeship, into employment or further education. Students are also able to work towards GCSE English and maths resits if necessary or Functional Skills.
Why choose one of our Vocational Pathways?
- Suitable for anyone aged 16-18 or 19-24 with an EHCP
- Ideal if you would like to pursue a career in one of these areas
- Provides a stepping stone onto an apprenticeship
- Gain specific qualifications and industry knowledge in a particular sector
- Complete English and / or maths GCSE or Functional Skills alongside your vocation
- Course duration is around 29 weeks
- Opportunity to gain First Aid / Health and Safety in the Workplace / CSCS Green Card / Paediatric First Aid qualification (if appropriate)
Like What You See ...
For those students aged 19-24 who are looking for support to secure employment, whether this be those returning to work, long term unemployed or those who require recognised English and maths qualifications (including ESOL) our 19-24 Employability pathway may be for you.
Like What You See ...
Traineeships prepare students for employment, so that they are able to progress successfully to apprenticeships and other sustainable jobs. Work experience in Traineeships provides students with the experience of a real workplace so that they can develop the skills, knowledge, confidence, attitudes and behaviours employers are looking for in their workforce.
Juniper offers Traineeships to 16-24 year olds, which is an ideal stepping stone onto an apprenticeship – ideally suited if you would benefit from accessing high quality, real life experience in your chosen area of work, to secure sustainable employment, an apprenticeship or a course of further learning. Traineeships are designed to benefit students that are within six months of being able to progress, last for up to 6 months and reflect the needs of the student.
- Traineeships don’t take a long time – they range from 10-29 weeks in duration
- Opportunity to retake English and maths GCSEs and / or Functional Skills
- Receive an employer reference and / interview at the end of your placement
- If you’re unable to secure an apprenticeship straight away – you may need to gain basic skills and qualifications to be successful. A Traineeship is perfect in providing a stepping stone onto an apprenticeship
- 100% Progression Promise onto an apprenticeship, into employment or further education
Like What You See ...
Our Apprenticeship programmes are not just for anyone. They are for people who have a passion for learning and are determined to succeed.
Our programmes are designed for those wanting to gain valuable on the job experience whilst gaining the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful and competent in your chosen career area. Its a fantastic way to kick start your career – available to individuals from the age of 16 and over.
If you are interested in transforming your career with an Apprenticeship, fill out the application form and our experienced Apprenticeship Team will be in touch with more information.
Why Become an Apprentice?
- Gain valuable hands-on experience whilst learning all about the business
- Suitable for anyone – aged 16-65
- Earn while you learn – you’re paid as an employee
- Ideal way of getting into work
- While on your apprenticeship you’ll be treated as a regular employee with an agreed amount of paid holiday per year
- Fast track your career in a real job with a real employer
- No student debt from university – work your way up and you can even do a degree-level apprenticeship
Contact our Apprenticeship Team
Please fill in your details and one of the team will contact you shortly!